Saturday 4 December 2010

So this is me

That is, Scott.

Yeah, A Clockwork Orange reference, I'm really blowing minds now.

So, I thought I might start a blog, because I read a blog recently and thought to myself, 'Maybe I should do that, it might be good.' I'm also currently attempting not to sleep all night, in order to correct my sleeping patterns.

Yeah, let's talk about this. On Monday I finished NaNoWriMo which, for those of you that don't know, is an event that runs every year that sets the following challenge: write a 50 000 word novel in thirty days, November 1st-30th. I did it, writing 50 681 words in 29 days, but left behind me the most stressful and exhausting month of my life. Not only was I attempting to write a novel in a month, but I was (and am) in my first term at university, which alone is more work than I've ever done before in my life. Having exited this month, then, I went what could be described as 'a bit mad'. I skipped my lectures on Tuesday. I only deserved it, I thought, after the month I'd had. Then, I did the same on Wednesday. I only had one hour though, I rationalised, so what difference would it make?
You can pretty much apply the same to Thursday, and then came today. Today, I actually had an engagement that marked me on my attendance, and I ended up sleeping right through it. This is when I knew I had a problem - I had got into a cycle over the past few days of going to bed at about 5am and waking up about 2 in the afternoon.
Stupid, stupid, stupid and entirely my fault.
So, here I am, staying up through the night so on Saturday evening I can go to bed at a reasonable time, and restore some semblance of a normal sleeping pattern.

I think I'll stop there, that's a little slice of my life, and I want to save something interesting for the future.

So that is me, that is, Scott, at this moment. Maybe I'll continue this blog, and maybe some day people will actually read it. Who knows?

No comments:

Post a Comment